Friday, May 25, 2012

Picnic with a Princess

Yesterday, I was able to come home for lunch to a happy surprise -- a picnic with my daughter, Princess style!  She said, "Come to my room Mommy, let's have a picnic on my bed and watch Thumblina." 

Her room is deep lavender color, like the darkest part of a lilac.  The ceilings are pitched so you have to watch your head or else you will 'bunk' it as she says [something I still forget to do].  We made her little area into a "Princess Chamber" by velroeing [is that a word?] a sheer silver laced sheer on one side [ceiling to floor] and a pink sheet to the other.  She has her toddler bed, a little set-up for her DVD, a fan for a breeze, a bean bag, a large stuffed dog, warm, fuzzy blankets and pillows, and a table with a small butterfly lamp. 

It's her special hide-a-way place.

-- I kind of like being there too actually - and sneak up when no one is looking to find some peace and quiet -- and maybe a little kid-magic too. --

We had peanut butter waffles, fresh-cut strawberries [straight from the grocery store!], and milk. 

It wasn't a fancy lunch, but we felt pretty darn fancy eating there on the top of her Tinkerbell "Cozy" laying down like two best friends, watching an imaginative fairy show.

It was my best moment of the day....and will make me smile for years to come.

What was yours?

Happy moments to all.....

2 comments:

  1. oh, this sounds heavenly. My beautiful little angel begged me to meet her at school for lunch one day last week. Of course, I had to say yes... When I got there, she was all set to go, she had no intention of eating school lunch with me. She had our day planned out, we were going to one of her favorite places for lunch, then to see a movie...just her and I. I am so thankful that my job allows some flexibility to fulfill her requests, she obviously needed some special time with mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet Summer, she captured you in more ways than one. A girl, just like you, after what makes her happiest. I'm so happy you shared that story. I know I have many things to learn about blogging and spell check [lol], and even polishing up my own style of writing, but most-importantly, I wish to connect, share, and grow. Your post does that for me and for all that read. I am grateful to you. xo Can't wait to read more.

      Delete